April 13, 2007

BassHunter - Boten Anna

A month ago we had a lot of relatives from The Netherlands visit for a while and during their stay I traded songs with the husband of my wife's cousin. Among the excellent songs there were several I had never heard - mainly because they popular in Europe but not here. One caught my eye (so to speak) called Boten Anna by BassHunter. Very hip techno dance beat. At first I had thought it was Dutch, but after listening to the lyrics I couldn't figure it out - maybe something about Anna and a Boat. Later I looked it up and it's Swedish and it's about a bot in an IRC channel not a boat in a channel of water. But it seems there have been spoof songs - by the Dutch of course - that talked about boats. I think it would be great to do a mix of Boten Anna with Dreamboat Annie by Heart (from Seattle). That would make the circle complete.


I know a bot,
her name is Anna, Anna is her name
And she can ban you, ban you so hard
She cleans up our channel
I want to tell you that I know a Bot


PS -
Check out this Sinterklaas Boot spoof video - most awesome! Those clever Dutch...

No comments: